Dade City & Zephyrhills Sealing Records Attorneys
Clean-Up Your Background Check Today
Having a criminal record can affect a person in so many ways. A criminal record may prevent you from getting a job, getting promoted or eliminate you from other opportunities. If you can clean up your criminal history, you probably should.
The Dade City & Zephyrhills sealing records attorneys at the Mander Law Group have extensive experience in obtaining expungements and sealments for clients statewide. If you are unsure if you are eligible, call today and one of our lawyers can assist you in determining if you are eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between getting a case sealed or expunged?
- The public will not have access to a sealed criminal history. Certain governmental entities will still have access to the sealed record in its entirety. When a file is expunged, those entities that would have access to the sealed file would be informed that the subject of the record had a file expunged. Those entities would have access to the record after obtaining a court order. Without a court order, those entities would be informed that “Criminal Information has been expunged from this record.”
What is the effect of criminal history record sealing?
- A criminal history record ordered sealed by a judge is confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
What are the benefits of getting your criminal history sealed?
- You may lawfully deny the arrests (Exceptions apply)
- You may lawfully fail to acknowledge the arrests (Exceptions apply)
Who can see the criminal history record after sealing?
- The person who is the subject of the record and his/her attorney
- Criminal Justice Agencies for criminal justice purpose
- Criminal Justice Agencies conducting background checks for firearm purchases
- Judges in state courts to assist in making case-related decisions
Exceptions when you cannot lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge an arrest:
- If you are a candidate for employment with a criminal justice agency;
- If you are a defendant in a criminal prosecution;
- If you are concurrently or subsequently petitioning for relief under this section or s. 943.0585;
- If you are a candidate for admission to The Florida Bar;
- If you are seeking to be employed or licensed by or to contract with the Department of Children and Family Services, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, or the Department of Juvenile Justice or to be employed or used by such contractor or licensee in a sensitive position having direct contact with children, the developmentally disabled, the aged, or the elderly as provided in s. 110.1127(3), s. 393.063, s. 394.4572(1), s. 397.451, s. 402.302(3), s. 402.313(3), s. 409.175(2)(i), s. 415.102(4), s. 415.103, chapter 916, s. 985.644, chapter 400, or chapter 429;
- If you are seeking to be employed or licensed by the Department of Education, any district school board, any university laboratory school, any charter school, any private or parochial school, or any local governmental entity that licenses child care facilities;
- If you are attempting to purchase a firearm from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer and is subject to a criminal history check under state or federal law; or
- If you are seeking authorization from a Florida seaport identified in s. 311.09 for employment within or access to one or more of such seaports pursuant to s. 311.
These entities can see your sealed record if you are a candidate for employment / license / admission:
- Criminal Justice Agencies
- The Florida Bar
- Department of Children and Family Services
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Those seeking employment or used by a contractor or licensee in a sensitive position having direct contact with children, the developmentally disabled, the aged, or the elderly
- Department of Education
- Any school district board
- Any university laboratory school
- Any charter school
- Any private or parochial school
- Any local government entity that licenses child care facilities
- Is seeking authorization from a Florida seaport identified in 311.09 for employment within or access to one or more of such seaports pursuant to 311.12.
Contact Us Today To Get Your Criminal History Sealed
Call (352) 567-0411 today to speak with a Dade City & Zephyrhills sealing records attorney to determine if your criminal history can be sealed. Our firm is in Dade City, located in Pasco County, Florida. We are located directly across the street from the Pasco County Courthouse. The Mander Law Group also represents clients involving criminal matters in but not limited to Hernando County, Sumter County, Citrus County, Hillsborough County, Polk County, and Pinellas County, including Tampa, Brooksville, New Port Richey, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Lakeland, Bushnell, Bartow, and Plant City. We will defend you anywhere in the State of Florida.
DISCLAIMER: The information and material contained on this web site does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This web site is designed for general information purposes only and is not guaranteed to be accurate, complete, or current. Neither sending an e-mail, nor the reading of such e-mail by any attorney or staff member at the Mander Law Group, creates an attorney-client relationship.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements or the content of this web site. Before you decide, contact us for free information about our qualifications and experience.